Thursday, May 5, 2016

43 years of journey - 1,000 post of Journey Thoughts

     Forty three years ago this morning V. Paul Fitzmaurice, Peter L. Peretti, Roger Statnick and yours truly were ordained to the priesthood by the late Bishop William G. Connare at Blessed Sacrament Cathedral in Greensburg.  It was a cool but glorious morning.  Thus began my journey, for which I am eternally grateful to Almighty God, and to the People of God who have helped in my formation.  All four of us are still serving in active ministry in this Diocese, and God has been so generous in his blessings.  I wish my brothers well on this special day.

     In my recent illness I have had the opportunity for much tv watching.  One of those shows is "The Chew", a cooking show on in the early afternoon.  Today they are marking their 1,000th program, with much hoopla.

     Today also marks my 1,000th post of "Journey Thoughts".  It has been an extraordinary journey within "the" journey, and I am deeply indebted to those who have faithfully followed these random thoughts regarding priesthood over these years, and those who are so encouraging.  Our God is SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment