Monday, July 18, 2011

Let us sing to the Lord ...

    Today's Psalm Response is actually NOT from the psalms, but from Exodus (15:1bc-2,3-4,5-6).  It echos the first reading, and I would like to share it with you.

Let us sing to the Lord; he has covered himself in glory.
I will sing to the LORD, for he is graciously triumphant;
horse and chariot he has cast into the sea.
My strength and my courage is the LORD,
and he has been my savior.
He is my God, I praise him;
the God of my father, I extol him.

The LORD is a warrior,
LORD is his name!
Pharaoh's chariots and army he hurled into the sea;
the elite of his officers were submerged in the Red Seas.

The flood waters covered them,
they sank into the depths like a stone.
Your right hand, O LORD, magnificent in power,
your right hand, O LORD, has shattered the enemy.
Let us sing to the Lord; he has covered himself in glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment