Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A gentle push - thank you

     I received a call today from a friend who inquired about my health and well being.   This friend thought that I may not have been feeling well, or that I was tired or depressed over something, and wanted to know if I was okay.  This friend was sincere, and I am very grateful for their concern.  The reason for the call today was because I have not posted for quite some time.  I have had others from the parish tell me that they miss my posts.  I accept this as a "gentle push" to get back on track and continue the ministry and pleasure that I receive from this blog.  No excuses, except for the lazy days of summer and general laziness.  I have great experiences and ideas that come to me that I think on, but I haven't been faithful in sitting down and typing them out.  Sorry!

     On Monday of this week we heard from the prophet Micah a lament in a series of questions in regard to what it is that the Lord wants of us, what must we do to appease God and gain his favor, how should we live our lives.  What to do?  What will make the Lord happy?

     And then the prophet says: "You have been told, O man, what is good, and what the LORD requires of you:  Only to do the right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God."

     How simple is that - DO RIGHT *** LOVE GOODNESS *** WALK HUMBLY WITH GOD!  Clear, precise and to the point.  And most importantly, entirely possible for even the most needy of us mortals.

No comments:

Post a Comment