Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A great pledge

     I ask our people to bring back bulletins from the churches that they have visited on their journeys.  I enjoy seeing what is happening in other places.  Recently I received a bulletin from Saint Faustina Catholic Church in Clermont, Florida.  Along with the bulletin was a small prayer card that I would like to share with you.  I found it inspiring.

My Church is composed
of people like me.
I help make it what it is.
 
It will be friendly,
if I am.
 
Its pews will be filled,
if I help fill them.
 
It will do good work,
if I work.
 
It will make generous gifts to many causes,
if I am a generous giver.
 
It will bring other people into its worship
and fellowship,
if I invite and bring them.
 
It will be a Church of loyalty and love,
of fearlessness and faith,
and a Church with a noble spirit,
if I, who make it what it is,
am filled with the same things.
 
Therefore, with the help of God,
I shall dedicate myself to the task
of being all things that I want my Church to be.
 
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment