Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A great sister and a good friend

     Blessings come to us in many forms and a variety of circumstances.  My blessings are abundant, and I give thanks to the Lord for them daily.  One of my greatest blessings is the gift of my sister, Jane, who over the years has become one of my best friends as well as a fiercely loyal and loving sister.  Today is her birthday ... a significant one in that she turns sixty-five today ... and while you should never tell the age of a lady, I am sure that this birthday, which is even more significant because she also signed up for social security and will be retiring in mid June after forty-five years in retail, is worthy of mention and celebration.  In fact, I plan on taking her out to dinner later today.  Janie was also gracious enough to share her birthday with me forty-two years ago when I was ordained a priest at the ordination ceremony that began at 10:00 am on May 5, 1973.  



A very Happy Birthday, Janie!

No comments:

Post a Comment