Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Last week's final act

     The final event of last week for me involved attending the wedding ceremony for a friend and former parishioner from the former All Saints Church in Masontown, George Parish.  George's Mom and Dad are great friends, and I have known George at least since his kindergarten days at All Saints School, where his Mom taught.  George married a lovely young woman, Sarah Elizabeth Attick, from Carlisle, PA, where he now lives.  The wedding ceremony took place at Saint Patrick Church in Carlisle, with the pastor, Father William Forrey as celebrant assisted by the Reverend Dr. Karen Minnick-Sadler, the bride's aunt.  I was not certain that I could get coverage and be in attendance at the ceremony, so I only mentioned the possibility to George's Mom, Donna ... so it was a surprise to George when he showed up for the rehearsal.  I was glad that everything worked out and I was able to share in this very special moment in the lives of two great kids (sorry, young people).

     George attended All Saints and Geibel Catholic before attending WVU where he received his engineering degree in bridge building.  I, along with most who know him, are very proud of him and very happy for choosing a wise girl who said yes to him last Saturday.  I wish them well - and in a special way prayers since they are honeymooning in Hawaii this week where two major storms are approaching.  I've included a picture of the new Mr. and Mrs. George  Christopher and Sarah Elizabeth Attick Parish.

 
 
     I enjoyed meeting Father Forrey, the pastor of Saint Patrick Church.  He has been ordained nearly twenty-five years and is a young, very personable priest who puts everyone at ease and loves his ministry.  I wish him well.



No comments:

Post a Comment