Friday, March 27, 2015

A year has passed

     Last year on this day I expressed my best wishes to our Diocesan Bishop, Lawrence E. Brandt, on the occasion of his seventy-fifth birthday.  I also shared what he had shared with us, that he had submitted his letter of resignation as is protocol at reaching the retirement age, and now was the time for praying and waiting for a new bishop.

     Well here we are, a year later, and I wish to express my best wishes on his seventy-sixth birthday ... and we are still living as people of hope, awaiting Pope Francis to provide us new leadership.  Many people have asked me what the delay is, and I assure them that I surely do not know.  It should be soon.  Maybe Rome is aware of the bishop's genetic markers and realizes that there is no hurry (the bishop's Mom is well over 100 and doing fine).  I do not want to appear overly anxious, but we (including, I believe, Bishop Brandt) are ready.  We await a new shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment