Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Another year of service

     It was eleven years ago today that saw our small cathedral filled with those who gathered to ordain and welcome Bishop Lawrence E. Brandt as the fourth bishop of the Diocese of Greensburg.  My memory is not what it once was, but I am confident that the weather was better than it is in Greensburg today.  I remember a joyful celebration and a beaming new bishop.  The smile is still on his face, and despite the many challenges to our local area and our local church, I believe that he still enjoys serving as our bishop.  But I am also sure that he awaits that word from Rome that his resignation/retirement, submitted almost a year ago on his seventy-fifth birthday, has been accepted and a new shepherd has been named for Greensburg.  He, and we, await in hope.

     Happy Anniversary, Bishop Brandt!

No comments:

Post a Comment