Thursday, March 17, 2011

Partners in the Faith

     A few days ago I received a note in the mail from the Community Church of Irwin, a United Methodist Congregation.  The note, from their senior pastor John Ciampa as well as pastor Rich Phipps was addressed to our congregation.  I would like to share the letter with you.

           Sisters and Brothers,

                On behalf of the Community Church, we want you to know
           that your congregation's ministries were lifted in prayer this
           past weekend during our worship services.  As a part of the
           Body of Christ, we are honored to be serving our God
           alongside your fellowship.  We sincerely pray that God's
           richest blessings will be poured out on each of you and your
           families as you serve the Lord.  It is our prayer that more
           and more people will be drawn to the Savior through your
           ministry.

                                                    Your Partners in the Faith

     The Community Church has done this before, and each time I am moved by the thought and unity expressed in this action.  We are brothers and sisters in Christ.  The work of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ is entrusted to all whose minds and hearts are open to the message of love and the call to unity.

     I have been blessed in my nearly thirty-eight years of priesthood with involvements in local ministeriums at my various assignments.  I have made many good friends and shared many faith-filled times of prayer.  I have been blessed.  I thank God for the partners in Faith that He has placed within my life, and I thank God for Pastor John Ciampa and the faithful of Community Church in Irwin.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

                                     HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment