Saturday, April 2, 2011

Affirmation

     Last evening a friend attending our Lenten Fish Dinner here at SEAS remarked that there was a nice article in the Diocesan Newspaper, The Catholic Accent, on my recent lecture at Saint Vincent in Latrobe.  I had glanced at the paper on Thursday, but missed the bottom front page article by Maryann Gogniat Eidemiller entitled "Blessings flow from relationships rooted in love, especially with God."  It was a great article, and especially surprising to me because I rarely find myself mentioned on the front page of anything (except the bulletin).  I thank Maryann Eidemiller for her reporting and kind words.

     If you would like to check out the article, go to the diocesan web site http://www.dioceseofgreensburg.org  and click ACCENT and then the article mentioned above.  You might want to favorite the web site of the Diocese of Greensburg.

Also ...

     Let me affirm the good work being done by the school family of Queen of Angels Regional Catholic School.  In this morning Greensburg Tribune Review there was an article regarding the ongoing efforts of the school family to join with Saint Barbara Church in Harrison City (a neighbor) to reach out to a number of families in rural Kentucky.  The kids help to provide food stuffs, etc.  Their efforts were acknowledged and highlighted in the April issue of Disney's Family Fun as first place winners in the magazine's sixth annual national volunteers contest.  Congratulations to the kids and to the school family, and thanks in behalf of the Kentucky families that receive their blessings.

And finally ...

     I received an email this morning from a parishioner, Joan Yuhas, who wrote:
          Father Len,
          I appreciate the daily blog.  Thank you.  I'm using it as another means
          of Lenten meditation.  Maybe that doesn't count because I look forward
          to it and enjoy it.  Nice one on Bishop Bosco.  You DO get inspired.
                                                                      Joan Yuhas

     Thanks, Joan.  With this blogging thing, you never really know whose out there reading.  I know that Joan will be upset at my mentioning her, but I appreciate the "affirmation".

No comments:

Post a Comment