Friday, May 24, 2013

An unusual week

     I have been slack with my postings.  I must admit that I have been "off" (not duty but regular routine) this week, following the celebration on Sunday that I spoke of in my last post.  My sister Janie has been with me most of the week.  I rested a bit, did things at the office, and of course celebrated Eucharist.  On Monday evening we had the Eighth Grade Graduation Mass and Reception for our Regional School of Queen of Angels.  This took place at Immaculate Conception Church and the pastor and the chair of the Board of Trust Administrators, Father John Moineau, presided.  We had our smallest graduating class in our twenty years of existence ... but what they lacked in numbers they made up for in quality.  I salute our graduates - Victoria "Torrie" and Aslan James.

     My high school classmates are attempting to update info on each other in preparation for the upcoming All Prep Reunion at Saint Vincent on May 31 - June 2.  Marty Mullen from Virginia is spearheading this info gathering through phone and internet, and he is persistent.  Many have responded, and a good number are planning on attending the events.  Our 50th will be in 2015 - truly hard to believe.  There has been much correspondence this week as well.

     Janie and I went to see "Iron Man 3" on Thursday and we both enjoyed the movie.  Good escapist fare.  Today I had blood work done for an upcoming doctors visit, and uncharacteristically had a dizzy spell, even losing my balance.  But the staff at the facility took good care of me and I am more myself - it was all that fasting ... I need food (sounds like a good excuse).

    Sorry for the personal ramblings, but I will get back on track very soon.  PS  I just noticed that we passed the 31,000 page view mark.  Thanks, gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment