Sunday, September 1, 2013

A source of inspiration

     I have to admit that I do not have a twitter account nor do I know much about twittering or tweets ... except that my daily viewing of the Vatican web site brings me in touch with the Tweets of Pope Francis - found at Pope Francis @ Pontifex.  As of this afternoon (9/1) he has had 2,903,598 who have responded (I think that this is only the English language responses).  He tweets fairly often, and they are wonderful moments of teaching and insight into faith.  I highly recommend viewing what he has to say.

    A few of his recent tweets:

"Faith is not something decorative or for show. 
To have faith means to put Christ
truly at the centre of our lives."

"The love of God is not something vague
or generic; the love of God has a name and a face:
Jesus Christ."
 
"Don't be afraid to ask God for forgiveness.
He never tires of forgiving us.
God is pure mercy."
 
"We cannot be Christians part-time.
If Christ is at the center of our lives,
he is present in all that we do."
 
"One cannot separate Christ and the Church.
The grace of Baptism gives us the joy
of following Christ in and with the Church."
 
 
     Such pearls of wisdom so clearly stated.  Check out the Holy Father's twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment