Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pride

     Yesterday on Face book I received pictures from friends of mine of their daughter's commencement.  They were wonderful to behold.  Debbie and Greg Lofstead, great friends since my days at All Saints in Masontown (Greg used to own a wonderful restaurant called Dolfi's where I spent a great deal of my time when not ministering) are obviously very proud of their daughter, Maria.

     When I arrived at All Saints, Maria was in the first graduating class from Kindergarten, in the old gym, with a proud mom & dad present.  This past weekend saw another graduation, this time of Doctor Maria E. Lofstead, who received her Doctorate from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.  She has grown to be a beautiful woman that not only mom & dad but so many others, myself included, are very proud of.  Congratulations to Dr. Lofstead.

     But ... am I feeling like time is moving too fast?  You bet.  There have been so many, like Maria, whose lives I have been honored to be a part of who have grown and excelled in many areas of life.  They bring joy to the heart, and I find great blessings in them.  Thank God for our young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment