Sunday, November 27, 2011

The first step

Well, day one is in the history books.  Last evening and twice this morning we prayed the prayers from the 3rd Edition of the new Roman Missal for the first time.  It went well.  A few minor glitches, but with a strong cantor to lead the people they did well.  The creed went better than I thought it would, even with "consubstantial".  Some of the automatic responses will take some effort, but well done, Elizabeth Ann Seton parish family and guests.  I am impressed at how well the musical settings have caught on.

I stumbled a few times.  Sentence structure is unnatural and confusing.  Certain words are new to the tongue (I don't know the last time that I used "dewfall" or "coheirs" in a sentence).  And I found myself more concerned about correctness than to be focused on praying.  But it will come easier, even with the continued unraveling of the new translation.

God is good, and he is the potter who molds us, the clay, into his image and likeness.  Let us always be pliable in the hands of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment