Monday, November 28, 2011

Lord, I am not worthy

     We formerly said: "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed."  Now we say: " Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."  The centurion of Capernaum in today's Gospel said: "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed."  However we say it, or whatever the circumstance, our unworthiness before the presence of the Lord of Life is what is at the heart of the matter.  The centurion requested a favor for his servant, but knew the restrictions that time and circumstances placed upon a personal visit, the physical touch of the healer, Jesus.  The healing was more important than the pride that a visit would bring.  Say but the word ...

     We stand unworthy, but we also stand in need of healing.  We need not have Christ enter our lives, yet that is exactly what he desires to do.  We embrace THE WORD in humility and need, and are filled with pure love.  The ability to say those words with deep humility and accept the Lord in awesome love does indeed take great Faith.  May those of us who understand and accept the gift of this banquet table look forward to sharing "at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

     I have been having some leg problems of late: right knee replacement two years ago (doing well), the left knee is in growing need of help, but more recently some vein problems.  I had my right leg vein mapping done this afternoon (the left was two weeks ago).  We'll get things taken care of.

     I have been joking that, with the Doppler testing on my legs for blood clots, I could tell the weather (Doppler), and now with the mapping, I can give you directions anywhere - just like map quest!  Okay, I'll keep my day job and stay away fro comedy central!

No comments:

Post a Comment