Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wonderful music

     I will share in more detail tomorrow, but I had a lovely experience this afternoon on this Feast of Christ the King.   I served for eight and a half years as pastor of the Church of Saint Paul in Greensburg - from January of 1992 until 2000.  I made many friends, and it is one of those places that I can call home.

     Today at 3:00 pm the choir gave a concert of sacred music from throughout the Church year - Advent through Christ the King.  Meditations were read and favorite hymns sung, and all done prayerfully and beautifully.  They followed by offering "wine and cheese" in the social hall.  The choir is under the direction of Marie Konopka.  I'll share their program tomorrow, but for now it was a joy to be present with old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment