Thursday, May 31, 2012

Three things

There are three things that I want to comment on or bring to your attention.

First, and most importantly, I want to commend to your prayers a group of pilgrims to Medjugorje that is being led by friends of mine, Mike and Wendy Ripple.  They are there now and are experiencing the prayerful quiet and powerful faith of the place and the experience of pilgrimage.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Secondly, on Monday I went to see a new movie recently released entitled "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel".  It was delightful.  About a group of retired Seniors from England who buy into a Senior Retirement Community in India that is not what it is made out to be, it is charming, funny, poignant and wonderful to watch.  While not a family film, I enjoyed the experience.

Thirdly,  I caught some of the mini series "The Hatfield and the McCoys" on TV last evening ... on one of the history type channels.  Filled with a great cast, it portrayed the feud between those two families in the 1800's on the border of West Virginia and Kentucky.   Not for the faint of heart, I found myself overwhelmed by the stupidity and emptiness that hatred and violence, fear and prejudice, revenge and anger bring about - in that situation and, as I reflect, in so many other situations even to our present time.  It is sad that so many, then and now, miss the message of love and choose to live in hate.  I was not uplifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment