Sunday, March 31, 2013

He has risen!

      Our journey that began with a call to repentance on Ash Wednesday has come to a moment of transformation.  The call that rang out last evening at the Solemn Mass of the Easter Vigil and re-echoed at the Masses this morning was one of rejoicing - repentance and entrance into mysteries much larger than ourselves has opened the way for us to see clearly the Truth ... that Jesus has conquered sin and death and restored salvation and life.  The good news that the tomb was found empty ... that He has risen ... that He is not there but here in our hearts is the Good News that makes life worth living.  Happy Easter to all!

     Our Holy Father, Pope Francis, in his message to the City of Rome and to the World today, began by saying this:

"What a joy it is for me to announce this message:
Christ is risen!
I would like it to go out to every house and every family,
especially where the suffering is greatest,
in hospitals, in prisons ...
Most of all I would like it to enter every heart,
for it is there that God wants to sow
this Good News:
Jesus is risen,
there is hope for you,
you are no longer in the power of sin, of evil!
Love has triumphed,
mercy has been victorious!"
 
++++++++++++++                                            ++++++++++++++
 
     Holy Week was wonderful indeed.  Our liturgies, while not especially crowded (except for the two Masses this morning), touched people's hearts.  God has indeed been very good, and my gratitude for his blessings is deep.  So is my gratitude for the faithful readership of this blog.
 
     One very sobering reality is pressing on me this Easter Sunday evening, and that is that I am feeling my age.  After Lent and this week, plus everything else, I am beat.  Thank God that my sister, Janie, is patient and loving, allowing me to sleep a little and eat a lot.  She is another tremendous blessing.  As I said a moment ago, God is good!   Happy Easter to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment