Thursday, March 22, 2012

Finally back

The last few days have been a bit frustrating. I was without internet connection most of Tuesday, was under the weather on Wednesday, and today it has taken till now to post. I apologize.

Since I last posted on the feast of Saint Joseph, Spring came to this part of the world . . . BUT we have just had a week of great Summer weather, with high's in the 80's and lots of sun. Not being a snow and cold person, I have loved this mild Winter and lack of Spring. I just hope that we are not going to pay for it.

Our staff met this afternoon to plan for the post Easter/Summer months. How time flies. One very interesting thing that took place was the unexpected visit of a friend from a previous parish who asked me to bless his Harley. I did so with great pleasure. His visit got a few of the staff to suggest that we sponsor a "Blessing of the Bikes". We are not aware of any such events close by, except in the town of Murrysville at one of the churches. I gave my okay, and we are looking at the first Sunday in May. It should be fun. It will be interesting to see how many bikers the event will draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment