Thursday, March 8, 2012

An unexpected blessing

Today was a day off. I got to sleep in, watch a bit of TV, go to the doctor, watch the news from Pittsburgh of a shooting at Western Psych and the lockdown of much of the Oakland section of the city. I then got to welcome friends from Erie, who were to be at a swim meet at Pitt, earlier than expected. We are visiting even as I post. They brought with them a friend, whom I now can count in that category. All in all, a nice day.

An unexpected blessing that came with the visit was that my friends brought with them dinner - a delicious homemade lasagna. As one whose cooking skills are minimal, and who eats out more often that he should or wants to, a good, homemade meal, served at home and shared with friends, was a welcome change. It was a true blessing! Sometimes it doesn't take much.

No comments:

Post a Comment